Saturday, November 3, 2012

Up, Up, and Away

Up, up and away we go, 
Into the great beyond.
Wherever we go and whatever we do,
We're trusting God all along.
We will fly,
We will soar.
Nothing is impossible.
We will rise,
Through the storm.
Trusting God and leaving our fears behind, 
We will fly!

Lyrics from a Vacation Bible School disc that my kids love to listen to.  I've heard the words so many times -such simple but profound truth in them.  I think of them now as we prepare to begin our journey halfway around the world in just a few hours.  We will fly from Hawaii to the east coast first to drop our son off at my parents' house.  Then Rob, Bou, and I will continue on to Eastern Europe.  Will update in a few days when we are in this little girl's country :)


6 comments:

  1. the pure joy on her face brings tears to my eyes!

    That this sweet treasure has been locked away from the light for so long, and yet she finds such joy in the world.

    God Bless your family and sweet Isabella.
    Praying she makes it home safely to begin healing her body, her little soul is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Been praying for you in MN :) so exciting to follow along on your blessed journey. Godspeed!
    Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just recently found your blog and I've read back with tears in my eyes. How wonderful that you found your Isabella and that you are now so close to meeting her again! Can't wait for your posts in-country! Wishing you all the best and a smooth and quick process!

    ReplyDelete
  4. On pins and needles! Cannot wait to see the reunion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really hope that your silence is only due to lack of internet access, not due to having run into roadblocks of any kind! Hoping you have now met your dear girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh look at her with that doll xx

    ReplyDelete